Menswear Magazine Fashion Shoot - Fashion Video & Concept with #teamnaderpro
MENS FASHION EDITORIAL BEHIND THE SCENES – HOW TO SHOOT A LOOK BOOK
Shooting a fashion lookbook is important for many brands. Lookbooks are also easier to shoot than editorials as sometimes lessis more. The lookbook’s purpose is to show people different ways of styling clothes.
Volpe wanted a very simple lookbook to launch their new seasons clothing, we did convince them that it would be great to create a more complex shoot as I had already done a great recce for a shoot I wanted to do.
I was also tasked wiht shooting and directing the oline video advert. I created the loose story line for the video which would take in BlackPool UK, Manchester and Central London. You can see this below.
We wre a small team ofetn with menswear it is a little less crowded. I used the Nikon D850 to shoot it all but video was captured on the Sony A7Rll with Samyang de clicked primes. Ok so we didnt go Canon pime lens route but really I believe we get too hung up on brands and as long as they are reasonable and you are not shooting a feature film then youre good to go!
OUR TEAM FOR THE FEW DAYS
- Photographer: You can’t create a good photoshoot without an amazing artist ME.
- Model: Our model was from Supa Model agency and was perfect for the more mature mens look that the cleint was after
- Stylist: Depending on what you need and what you can afford, a stylist can be an incredibly valuable member of your team. We were ok here though as Adrian was the Tailor whose brand it was and he knew exaclty the outfits that he wanted on the model and the mix that was needed. Nomrally we would work with a fashion stylist who would get together all if the looks required
- Hair & Makeup: This was not really needed on this particular shoot as the model was able to keep his grooming under control
- Brand Representative : For this shoot the brand representative was with us. He art directed his ideashowever, I was the creative director on the shoot collating location looks and shot ideas so I took this lead for the 3 days shooting
- Producer or PA: The producer of this shoot was my own production company Nader Media we produce a few shoots and video concepts throught the year and did for this one
- Location: If you’re shooting on-location, you may need to acquire permits for public spaces, rent a private dwelling, or get permission to shoot on hotel or other business property. We were ok on all locations apart from the London Underground wher we had permission in advance. Beaches were ook as hey were public places and Manchester e had already been in contact with the Venue – The refuge plus the streets of Manchester are always ok as they are more relaxed in the North of the UK