What Is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? How Does How Does it Work with Creative Software?
The fast-paced introduction of A.I. Generated Images – into our lives has been incredible. I never thought it would have much influence within the creative industries or my own work. As a photographer, I have seen the work in photography get less and less with the uptake in phone photography and techniques. People are happy to consume fast-paced content, which leads nowhere and has no longevity. I have thought about how I can evolve and work through it. Finally, the big ship is coming around, and now photography taken traditionally is making a resurgence. In fact, film and the classics are gaining momentum quickly. However, A.I. is here to stay, and w need to work out what it means for creatives.
Illustrators and Graphical freelancers have been doing ok until recently, whilst photographers have generally struggled to compete with the online phenomenon. It’s switched, and illustrators and painters are the creatives now facing the threat of no work as A.I. can easily create beautiful compositions from simple word prompts and all in real quick time.
As a Pro Photographer, I felt the threat from influencers and fast-paced content. Still, after spending some time delving into A.I. with Midjourney, I am happy to say that, at the moment, it might need to catch up on photography. The renders are so good you could get away with posting some images.
I have created a suite of images featured in this post, and I am astounded at how they look. I would envy the results if they were of other photographers and their shoots. I enjoyed crafting and learning the prompts needed to create near-perfect renditions. The problem is that it takes away all the creativity in making photographs. However, it does give stylists a run for their money as some of the outfits rendered are simple and unavailable in any shop. Developing clothes mixed with A.I. might benefit photographers wishing to create fabulous pictures.
Midjourney is a cloud-based image and video processing platform that utilises artificial intelligence (A.I.) algorithms to automate and enhance the creative process of photo and video editing. The platform provides AI-powered tools and features to help photographers, videographers, and other creatives streamline their workflows and achieve their creative vision.
A.I. is used to analyse and process images and videos and to assist with tasks such as colour grading, composition, and object removal. A.I. algorithms can also automate certain aspects of the editing process, such as sorting and tagging images or identifying and removing imperfections in video footage.
Overall, Midjourney and A.I. provide photographers and other creatives with robust tools to streamline their workflow and enhance the creative process. Photographers can achieve more efficient, accurate and effective results by using AI-powered features and tools than traditional image editing methods.
The development of A.I. systems in photography can be positive and negative, depending on how it is implemented and used. On the positive side, A.I. can be used to automate specific tasks in photography, such as image editing or facial recognition, which can save time and increase efficiency. A.I. can also assist photographers in analysing and interpreting data, such as identifying patterns in user behaviour or predicting which images are likely to be popular.
However, there are also potential negative impacts of A.I. in photography.
For example, suppose A.I. systems are used to automate creative decisions, such as choosing which images to include in a portfolio or determining the composition of a photograph. In that case, this could lead to a loss of artistic expression and creativity.
Overall, whether the development of A.I. systems in photography is positive or negative will depend on how it is used and implemented. Careful consideration should be given to the potential benefits and drawbacks before incorporating A.I. into any photography project or initiative.
A photographer might use A.I. in the middle of a project, or “mid-journey”, for a variety of reasons, including:
- Improved image quality: A.I. can enhance images by removing noise, sharpening details, or adjusting colour and contrast, resulting in higher-quality images.
- Faster image processing: A.I. can automate specific tasks, such as image editing or culling, which can save time and increase efficiency during the post-processing phase of a project.
- Better organisation: A.I. can assist photographers in categorising and organising extensive collections of images, making it easier to find specific images or groups of images.
- Enhanced creativity: A.I. can generate new and innovative ideas for photographic projects, such as identifying patterns in user behaviour or predicting which images are likely to be popular.
- Improved client experience: A.I. can be used to personalise the client experience by recommending images that are most likely to resonate with a particular client, or by automating certain aspects of the client relationship, such as scheduling or invoicing.
In general, using A.I. in photography can help photographers save time, improve image quality, and enhance their creativity, ultimately resulting in better outcomes for both the photographer and their clients.
A.I. systems can be used to create images suitable for NFT (non-fungible token) sales, including during the mid-journey phase of a project. However, it’s important to note that the quality and value of the resulting images will depend on several factors, including the quality of the input data used to train the A.I. system, the specific algorithms used, and the intended use of the NFT.
There are several ways that A.I. can be used to create NFTs, including:
- Style transfer: A.I. can be used to transfer the style of one image onto another, resulting in a unique and visually striking image that can be used as an NFT.
- Generative models: A.I. can generate entirely new images that may not exist in the physical world, making them unique and potentially valuable as NFTs.
- Enhancing existing images: A.I. can improve the quality and detail of existing images, making them more visually appealing and potentially more valuable as NFTs.
However, it’s important to note that the use of A.I. in creating NFTs is a relatively new and rapidly evolving field. There are still many questions about the ethical implications and legal issues surrounding the creation and sale of AI-generated NFTs. As such, it’s essential to carefully consider the potential risks and benefits before using A.I. to create NFTs and to ensure that any resulting NFTs are produced and sold following applicable laws and regulations.
Ai-generated photography images do they have a place, or is film making a comeback and overtaking A.I. Explain this in 5 teaching paragraphs
- AI-generated photography images have a place in the industry but are not a replacement for traditional film photography. AI-generated photos can be created quickly and efficiently. They can be used for various applications, such as advertising, social media, and stock photography. However, film photography offers a unique aesthetic that cannot be replicated by A.I. It continues to have a devoted following among photographers and collectors.
- Film photography is experiencing a resurgence in popularity, driven in part by a desire for authenticity and a rejection of the perfection and uniformity often associated with digital images. The film also offers a sense of nostalgia and a connection to the past, which many people find appealing in an increasingly digital world.
- AI-generated images are often used for commercial purposes, such as advertising and product photography, where speed and efficiency are essential. However, film photography is often used for artistic and creative projects, where the film’s unique character and the hands-on process of developing and printing images can contribute to the creative process.
- While AI-generated images can be highly realistic and visually striking, they are often criticised for lacking the soul and depth of traditional film photography. Film photography is a highly personal and subjective medium, and each image’s unique character and imperfections can contribute to its emotional impact and artistic value.
- Ultimately, the choice between AI-generated images and film photography will depend on the photographer’s goals and creative vision. Both mediums have their strengths and weaknesses, and both can contribute to creating unique and powerful images. Photographers need to experiment with both mediums and find the approach that best suits their artistic vision and the needs of their clients.
There are a number of software options for photographers that incorporate A.I. capabilities to help with tasks such as image editing, organising, and even assisting with image capture. Here are some examples:
- Adobe Photoshop: Photoshop is one of the most well-known and widely used image editing software programs. It incorporates A.I. capabilities through its Adobe Sensei technology. Sensei offers features such as auto-selection, auto-masking, and facial recognition to help streamline the editing process.
- Skylum Luminar: Luminar is an all-in-one photo editing software incorporating various A.I. features. These include A.I. Sky Replacement, which allows you to easily replace the sky in an image, and A.I. Structure, which enhances the detail and texture in an image while preserving its natural look.
- Topaz Labs: Topaz Labs offers a suite of plugins for various image editing software programs, including Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. Their AI-powered tools include DeNoise A.I., which uses machine learning to reduce image noise while preserving detail, and Sharpen A.I., which uses A.I. to sharpen ideas and reduce blur.
- Google Photos: Google Photos is a cloud-based photo storage and organisation service that uses A.I. to automatically tag and organise your images based on content, location, and other factors. It also offers a range of AI-powered editing tools, such as auto-enhance and colour pop, to help improve the look of your images.
- Capture One Pro: Capture One Pro is a professional-grade image editing and management software that incorporates A.I. features such as auto-adjustments for exposure and colour balance and facial recognition and annotation tools.
Best Midjourney Prompts - A Basic Set Of Midjourney Prompts
Sure, here are some Midjourney AI prompts that could be used to create beautiful natural portraits:
- “Generate a portrait that showcases the subject’s natural beauty in an outdoor setting.”
- “Create a portrait that captures the subject’s personality and character in a natural and relaxed way.”
- “Produce a portrait that emphasises the subject’s connection to nature, using elements such as foliage, water, or sunlight.”
- “Generate a portrait with a soft and dreamy feel, focusing on natural lighting and earthy tones.”
- “Create a portrait that highlights the subject’s unique features and individuality in a natural and unposed way.”
It’s important to note that the quality of the final image will depend on the input provided and the settings used. Experimenting with different prompts and settings is recommended to achieve the desired result. Additionally, it’s important to remember that A.I. is a tool to assist with the creative process. Still, it cannot replace the skill and expertise of a professional photographer.
Midjourney AI can enhance a photographer’s workflow in several ways:
- Automated tasks: Midjourney AI can automate tasks such as image tagging, sorting, and culling, which can save a significant amount of time and improve workflow efficiency.
- Image editing: Midjourney AI can assist with image editing by suggesting adjustments such as exposure, contrast, and colour balance. This helps speed up the editing process and ensures consistent results across images.
- Creative exploration: Midjourney AI can be used to experiment with clever options and approaches to image creation, such as applying different filters or emulating the look of various film stocks. This can help photographers to explore new creative avenues and expand their skill set.
- Image analysis: Midjourney AI can analyse images and provide insights into technical aspects such as sharpness, depth of field, and composition. This can help photographers to identify areas for improvement and refine their skills.
- Image restoration: Midjourney AI can also restore old or damaged images by removing scratches or repairing colour casts. This can help photographers to preserve and restore historical photographs and expand their portfolios.
Overall, Midjourney AI can be a valuable tool for photographers looking to streamline their workflow, explore new creative avenues, and improve the quality of their images. However, it’s important to remember that A.I. is a tool to assist with the creative process. Still, it cannot replace the skill and expertise of a professional photographer.
A photographer’s skill will always be better than Midjourney AI because photography is an art form that requires creativity, vision, and a deep understanding of light, composition, and storytelling. While Midjourney AI can assist with tasks such as image editing and analysis, it cannot replicate a professional photographer’s intuition, experience, and expertise. Photographers can bring their unique perspectives and personal style to their work, which A. I can’t copy it.
Using A.I. in photography is a growing trend that can lead to new and exciting possibilities.
For example, A.I. can assist photographers in identifying new subjects and locations to shoot or help predict and adapt to lighting conditions. It can also be used to create stunning visuals previously impossible or difficult to achieve through traditional means. As A.I. technology continues to evolve and improve, it will likely become an even more integral part of the photography industry.
However, it’s important to remember that A.I. is a tool to assist with the creative process and must maintain a skilled photographer’s creative vision and artistry. Ultimately, the most successful and impactful photographs will always be those that are the result of the photographer’s unique perspective, technical skill, and creative vision.
Midjourney Prompt To Try For Yourself
Beautiful female tribal, Amazon forest, portrait, dinamic pose, detailed hair texture, ornate, sharp focus, in the style of National Geographic, photoportrait, Cinematic, Color Grading, portrait Photography, Ultra – Wide Angle, Depth of Field, hyper –
detailed, beautifully color – coded, insane details, intricate details, beautifully color
graded, Cinematic, Color Grading, Editorial Photography, Photography, Photoshoot, Shot
on 70mm lens, Depth of Field, Shutter Speed 1/ 1000, F/ 22, White Balance, 32k, Super Resolution, Megapixel, Pro Photo RGB, VR, Lonely, Good, Massive, Half rear Lighting, Backlight, Natural Lighting, Incandescent, Optical Fiber, Moody Lighting, Cinematic Lighting, Studio Lighting, Soft Lighting, Volumetric, Conte – Jour, Beautiful Lighting, Accent Lighting, Global Illumination, Screen Space Global Illumination, Ray Tracing Global Illumination, Optics, Scattering, Glowing, Shadows, Rough, Shimmering, Ray Tracing Reflections, Lumen Reflections, Screen Space Reflections, Diffraction Grading, Chromatic Aberration, GB Displacement, Scan Lines, R a y Traced, Ray Tracing Ambient Occlusi on, Anti – Aliasing, FKAA, TXAA, RTX, SSAO, Shaders, OpenGL – Shaders, GLSL – Shaders, Post Processing, Post – Production, Cell Shading, Tone Mapping, CGI, VFX, SFX, insanely detailed and intricate, hyper maximalist, elegant, hyper realistic, super detailed, dynamic pose, photography, Hyper realistic, volumetric, photorealistic, ultra photoreal, ultra – detailed, intricate details, 8K, super detailed, full color, ambient occlusion, volumetric lighting, high contrast, HDR